Congratulations on your New Home!
As you settle in, now is a good time to get a few housekeeping items checked off the list:
- Elevate staff will provide you a home warranty binder. This is a great place to store your closing packet, and all of your instruction manuals, warranties, and insurance documents.
- Email-in all manufacturer warranties on new systems and appliances.
- Purchase a fire extinguisher for each floor of the home as well as the kitchen and garage.
- Review user manuals for your appliances.
- Install protector pads on the legs of furniture.
- Review information on how to care for wood floors.
- Apply grout sealer to ceramic tile.
- Assemble a first aid kit and place it in an easy to access location.
- Change your address on your driver’s license and alert important contacts such as insurance carriers, doctors, dentists, employers, and financial institutions.
- Register to vote if you have moved to a new jurisdiction.
- Identify your HOA and its requirements.
- Register your children with the local school district.
- Meet your new neighbors.
- Offer your old boxes to someone who is moving.
- Research all tax deductions and discounts for homeowners.
- Hire pest a control company.
"We had a great experience building our home with Elevate! No build is without issues and problems, but it’s how your builder addresses these issues and fixes them that makes the difference. Elevate was very transparent with the problems that we had and worked to get them resolved quickly and to our satisfaction. The whole team put in long hours to get our house complete ... they were flexible to our needs and wants, they actually listened, had very creative design suggestions, and worked hard to make sure our project kept moving along." - Marcus Mikkelsen